Today I’ve put together five of the things that we’re currently using in our house to keep the kid happy. And everyone knows, if the kid’s happy then we’re happy.
1. TinyLove Soothe n Groove Mobile – I don’t know who likes this more him or us. It plays 40 different tunes, has soothing night lights and the 3 animals all move when it’s rotating. At last count we have 4 mobiles in the house and he loves them all. We currently have his dragon mobile hanging via a mobile arm above his bassinet. (I wish I could find a link to the mobile hanger – it allows you to hang any mobile you like from it and it has a wind up mechanism that plays a tune and rotates the mobile at the same time.) We have a felt zoo animals mobile (that we purchased from a lady at the Old Bus Depot Markets, the stall is called Upwardly Mobiles) hanging above his change mat in his room and there’s a small mobile hanging above his change mat in the living room.
2. BeBeSounds Bath Thermometer – We’re both really safety paranoid and getting the bath at the right temperature was so hit and miss until we got this little rubber ducky. It’s so easy to fill his bath now and know that he’s not going to be scolded. It also does room temperature so you can ensure that where ever he’s playing it’s not too hot or too cold. Plus you can’t go past the fact that it’s a rubber duck and so he gets something to play with (at this age it’s just kicking it as it floats past his feet).
3. Avent Pacifier – We’re both big fans of using the pacifier. I think if I was able to breast feed I might not be so inclined because he would be getting the opportunity to self sooth while feeding, but we’re not so he’s using a pacifier. We’ve tried a number of brands and this is the only one that he’ll happily take. At any given time we have about four in rotation (he’s a spitter).
4. Rock Your Baby – This is an Australian company that makes clothes with attitude for children. I have been addicted to this brand for years and I was just waiting to get the child so I could indulge. Now Sam’s here he’s been the lucky recipient of a whole wardrobe of Rock Your Baby clothing. I plan on making him wear it for years to come. Your child’s an extension of your own wardrobe and style right?
5. The Large Family – Sam’s (paternal) Grandparent’s gave him a collection of these books when they were here last week and we’ve been reading them to him non-stop. I just adore the illustrations and the stories are really cute and fun. I can see him getting more of these books to add to his collection.
…punk’s not dead...
I thought I’d share this not-so-great photo of Sam rocking out his Rock Your Baby onesie and tartan pants. He’s wearing his beanie from Krazy Knits and the leather shoes our Obstetrician gave him. Hard to think he’s only 9 weeks old, he looks like a little boy… a happy little boy!