This week I’m sharing with you the 5 things making my life a little better at the moment. It’s a mixed bunch but each one is playing a vital role in my life these days.
1. Logitech iPad Keyboard – Given that I spend a large portion of my time now nursing a baby my ability to spend the same amount of hours on my computer that I used to has diminished greatly. Now I live my life through my iPhone or iPad. I’m very grateful for both (seriously what did parents do before the invention of a smart phone?) however my genetic disposition to sausage fingers means that I struggle with the typing on a virtual keyboard. This struggle has meant that I’ve been limited in how I can utilise my smart devices. (Typing a long email to a friend on a virtual keyboard is virtually impossible!) But no more limitation here! I purchased the keyboard for the iPad and haven’t looked back. It’s brilliant. Seriously! It’s a little smaller than an average keyboard which has taken some getting used to but it’s so much better than using the virtual keyboard. I am totally smitten with it. There’s a heap of different versions on the market but I went with the Logitech version because it’s also a cover for the iPad and has a stand function which means that you can use the keyboard without having to worry about the iPad slipping down due to vibrations from your typing. Genius! Wish I had gotten one sooner.
2. Stable Table – Anyone who grew up in the 80′s in Australia should remember the television advertisements for the stable table. For those of you that aren’t familiar with it, it’s a tray table that has a beanbag base. It’s sole purpose is to allow you to do things on a stable surface in your lap. (Like eat dinner in front of the television!) This little beauty is working in tandem with my iPad keyboard to make my life rosier. Again, because I spend so much time sitting either on the couch or in bed this little device has helped me greatly. It’s doing double duty as a portable desk and a dinner table for when I’m nursing Sam. It has to be the best $15 I’ve spent in a long time. HUBBY is going to live to regret that he didn’t get one when he had the opportunity!
3. Hill Hoist Portable Clothes Line – With winter and the mountains of washing that we seem to generate now with Sam we’ve had to come up with a solution to the clothesline situation in our house. We have a clothesline in our backyard but we also have a beagle that likes to pull things off the line so we’ve (for years) used folding clothes horses and coat hangers to dry our laundry in our carport. It’s not a great solution and it’s certainly not an easy way to hang linen. So we went on the hunt for something a little bigger to use. HUBBY found this clothes line and it’s brilliant. I’ve set it up in our front courtyard and it’s so handy. I don’t know why we wanted so long to find it! (The item picture above is our actual line set up in our courtyard.)
4. Infa Change Caddie Organiser – This little device is great. It hangs off the side of your change table and holds all the things you need to use while changing your child. It holds quite a few nappies which can be really handy when you don’t have time to be restocking.
5. Jim’s Cleaning – I wrote about my need to get order back in our home a couple of weeks ago and part of that has been to get in a cleaner. I’ve had a number of cleaners over the years but by far Jim’s Cleaning is proving to be the best. Great price, efficient service and the couple that comes to do our house are just lovely. Having a cleaner seems like such a luxury but at the moment it’s helping to save my sanity so it’s worth the money.